Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Vedauwoo

Cheyenne, WY  High 89  Low 57

veda5

Known to the Arapaho Indians as “bito’o’wu” meaning “Land of the Earthborn Spirit, this recreation area has a small campground and attracts a large number of rock climbers and picnickers.

veda 

veda4

I wasn’t thinking ahead and didn’t bring a lunch. Stupid, on my part. But we had a wonderful time driving through the park and enjoying the amazing rock formations of Sherman Granite.

veda6

veda9

Part of the drive was through these beautiful trees. (I think they’re aspens but I don’t know trees any better than I know birds.)

veda13

One of the major reasons I wanted to stop in Cheyenne was to catch up with my boss, Marcie, from the IRS. She retired the same time I did and I haven’t had a chance to talk to her since.

P1030916She and her hubby, Brian, met us for dinner at the Outback. We had a fantastic dinner and spent 3 1/2 hours catching up and talking about how wonderful retirement is. Brian still has almost two years to go before he can join the rest of us. Poor guy.

You can sure tell we’re in Wyoming – the wind was blowing Marcie’s hair every which way.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun... meeting up with folks you worked with. Isn't it interesting how life changes after you retire? Your photos make me think maybe we should head back to Wyoming this summer.... so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you were able to meet up with your old boss. Even nicer is that she wanted to see you! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice tree road ... whatever trees they are ... we were 10 degrees hotter here today than you... plus the humidity... feel like I weigh 972 pounds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That park looks beautiful. We have only been around the Jackson Hole area of Wyoming, but we loved it. Would love to visit more of the state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hey, I'm glad you got it all sorted out and found your way back North on I 25.... Had me a bit worried there...... And I would have liked to have been a mouse in the corner to hear about your opinions of the IRS's current little shenanigans from you and your boss.... I'd bet you are both danged glad to not be a part of that witch hunt......... Everyone in the service will have their head down and their eyes on the papers in front of them.. For years to come..... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not know what it is about those rocks, but I took hundreds of pictures there:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the wind dies down before I get to Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice touching base and reconnecting with others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.