Friday, February 10, 2012

THE TRAVELING TRIBE

travelingtribe2

There are times when I find a blog that I find absolutely fascinating for many different reasons. One such blog that I found is Our Traveling Tribe. This blog tells the story of a family that is full timing in a fifth wheel toy hauler. What is really amazing about this family is that there are 12 children along with Mom and Dad.

IMG_4117 However, two of the children are not with them because their oldest son is in boot camp and the oldest daughter stayed in Montana to work. But that still leaves 10 children. And we have trouble keeping things straight with the two of us and two small dogs. lol

IMG_4126 I also knew that I really wanted to meet this family. For one thing they have a new baby, Caleb, and I needed a baby fix. They have an Aunt and Uncle here in Apache Junction and they were coming to visit them. We made arrangements to meet at Prospector Park which has a great playground for the little ones and a basketball court for the boys.

traveling tribe We had such a wonderful visit. Dana and I just talked and talked but we didn’t even begin to compare to Vaughn and Jim. They got to talking about fishing and I didn’t think I’d ever get Jim away. They will be returning to Montana this summer so we have plans to spend some time with them and the guys are planning those fishing trips.

IMG_4127

Sure wish I had some of their energy.

Thanks guys for taking time to meet us. We really enjoyed ourselves.

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely family. There was a family next to us in Amarillo who had 4 kids living in a MH. I thought that was a bit cramp but 10 takes the cake. Where do they all sleep? I know you can get bunk beds and the table turns into a bed, 2 sofas into beds but there only gets me to 8. Need two more kids and parents. I just can't image where they keep their clothes and FOOD! Does he work on the road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I also enjoy reading their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie, just so you know, the link you posted does not work. I would like to check out that blog so I was disappointed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so interested in this post, when I couldn't go to their link, I researched it and found the correct web address.

    http://ticknortribe.blogspot.com/

    Happy Travels,
    Betty and Joe
    joeandbetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great looking family I wish them good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I subscribed to the tribe! LOL

    I think that unusual RV was on TV on one of the RV shows that come along every now and then--if it's the same one, it's a refurbished garbage truck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had followed another blog with a family of 13 for a while. They had a large toy hauler. The garage slept the boys and the loft slept the girls. They certainly did a lot of traveling too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Crap ! I'll have to check out that Blog for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I start sweating just thinking about hitting the road with that many people:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say is wow! Even without RV'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I grew up in a family of 8 kids. We never knew how small our rooms in our house was till we all became adults, moved off, then would come back for family visits. An RV would even be more of a surprise! But as kids, when you are used to it, you don't know otherwise. I hope Jim continues towards a speedy & full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! I cannot imagine traveling with 10 children, much less 12!! Can only imagine the organization skill that it takes to make this work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure how that many can live in a 5th wheel! Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whew... we used to cram 6 or 7 kids with 2 adults and a big dog in our little 17ft travel trailer. But that was just for a weekend of snowmobiling up at camp. I can not imagine full time living in one with that many kids. Wowzer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...Looks like a great family. Can't imagine that many in an RV, we felt crowded when we went with our two girls. Glad to hear that Jim is ready to break out of rehab! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.