Wednesday, March 16, 2011

LEAVING VEGAS

IMG_0464 Monday morning we hooked up and headed back towards Apache Junction. It was sad to leave friends but we know we will see each other again before too long somewhere on the road.

 

IMG_0467 The new bridge over Hoover Dam is complete but when we came over it on our way to Las Vegas it was dark. This time I was had the camera ready.

Look at how low the water is below the dam.

 

IMG_0472 This is the approach to the bridge.

 

 

 

 

IMG_0474 This is the view out of Jim’s window as we’re crossing the river. Once again – notice the water line. The view out my window was of the concrete wall on the bridge.

 

hoover dam Because of the concrete sides, you don’t really have any idea of how high up you are. I found this picture of what the bridge looks like taken from an airplane.

 

IMG_0478 We took Highway 74 down through Wickenburg. This highway is known as Joshua Tree National Highway and the scenery is gorgeous. Lots of traffic and mostly a two lane road. Tonight we are going to stay at Lake Pleasant.

3 comments:

  1. You're right! See you sometime, someplace and maybe when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to be able to see how high I am!!!! I am going to be a nervous wreck when we cross that bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why you guys have a permanent spot...you are never there !! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.