Sunday, September 12, 2010

MARY YODER’S AMISH KITCHEN

mary yoder Middlefield, OH – (I loved this picture from their web page.)

IMG_6619 The Amish in this area of Ohio make up the 4th largest group of Amish in the United States. So, of course, we had to try out the restaurant. I loved seeing the horse and buggy tied up outside waiting for it’s owners to finish eating dinner.

IMG_6620 The food was excellent. In fact, I think the chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes was better than what I had at the Dutchman Essenhaus in Shipshewana, IN. And that is really saying a lot. Jim had the roast beef dinner and it was so tender and delicious. Just wonderful. Too bad we found it on our last night in this area. (Or maybe that would be a good thing.)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to visit Amish country. I've read a bunch of books about it. Unfortunately it doesn't work in our plan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.