Wednesday, June 2, 2010

NUTTY NARROWS BRIDGE

One last thing before we leave this beautiful, rainy paradise. A trip to the Nutty Narrows Bridge in Longview, WA.NuttyNarrows01

This bridge was built in 1963 by Amos Peters to give squirrels a way to cross the busy thoroughfare without getting flattened by passing cars.

It is 60 feet long, is made of aluminum and fire hose and cost $1000 to build.

Amos Peters died in 1984 and a 10 foot wooden squirrel sculpture mail1 was placed near the bridge in his memory.

Once again, Roadside America, has provided me with another piece of Americana.

4 comments:

  1. Do the squirrels actually use it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that nice to build the squirrel bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ya' just love Roadside America? I've now got the "app" on my iPhone and it works even better than on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.