Friday, June 25, 2010

CHOTEAU, MT

Once again I wish we weren’t headed someplace and could just wander. I made Jim promise me that next summer we could just slow down and really explore Montana and Northern Wyoming.

IMG_5889 Choteau is one place I would like to have spent a couple of hours. We stopped at their Visitor’s Center/Rest Area to walk the girls. There we were greeted by these two wonderful dinosaurs.IMG_5891

I did learn that Egg Mountain which is 12 miles west of Choteau, has yielded more information about dinosaur biology during the Crustaceous period than any other paleontology dig in the world. Pretty impressive for such a tiny town.IMG_5893

There is also a museum there that would be really interesting but it will have to wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.