Monday, May 24, 2010

HISTORIC ROUTE 30

Off we go with Jeri and Terry as our tour guides. Today we're going to head up Historic Route 30, the Columbia River Gorge Highway which is one of the most scenic drives in America.

Our first stop was at Crown Point and Vista House. Vista House was built in 1916. With its beautiful marble interior and brass fixtures, some Oregonians derided it as "The $100,000 Outhouse" when it was built.







It is 733 feet above the Columbia River and look at those views. Jeri was taking a picture of us so we just had to take a picture of her.
The weather was rainy, cloudy and cold but we didn't let that deter us from our sightseeing.
On to the waterfalls.

3 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your photos. It looks nice and cool, and we're jealous, as it's so hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the ceiling in that building beautiful?I could of stood there for hours looking at the river..When we were there..It was a clear day..you could see forever.
    Your pictures of Oregon..make me happy and sad. I miss getting to visit with my birth family. I have only seen them twice since I found them 4 years ago.And now it has been 2 years since I was up there exactly right now!!
    We ate lunch at a Hisoric Hotel up there ..overlooking the river..yumm!!

    Keep posting pictures!! lol

    Cindy and Walker

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did that route last lear in a rented RV. I hope we can do it again in our own someday.

    Don't miss Herman the fish at the hatchery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.