Thursday, May 6, 2010

FURNACE CREEK

I'm not sure how to write this post. And the ones to follow. We are in Death Valley and I have fallen in love with this desert land. I know there are many people out there who can't imagine falling in love with the desert but I certainly have.



I love the deserts of Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and this one in California. Wonder if I would have followed the prospectors west for the gold rush. Nah - I like comfort too much. I would have made a lousy pioneer.


My brother-in-law's niece and her husband work in Furnace Creek and they were able to get us a full hook up site there. Since it had 50 amp service we were able to run both air conditioners and leave the girls at home while we explored this beautiful place. However, we did not have cell phone or internet service while we were there. And that is why I'm so far behind in posting to my blog. I'm very slowly getting caught up.






We took hundreds of pictures and trying to narrow them down has been so difficult. I'm posting a few of them and you will just have to visit this area for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.