Sunday, November 22, 2009

GREAT WEEK-END

This has been a really great week-end for me. Yesterday, I actually got on my bike and rode it. That was a major accomplishment for me. I haven't ridden for years and years and years and I kept saying I was going to do it and kept putting it off. Then last year I broke my ankle and ruptured my achilles tendon. Since then I have really become a fanatic about protecting my ankle and I was scared to death to get on the bike for fear that I'd hurt it again.

But yesterday, I said enough is enough. Now I didn't go very far (I also didn't fall) and last night my legs let me know they weren't happy. But this afternoon I went about three times as far and tomorrow will be even better. Tonight will probably be worse but eventually I'm hoping that improves.

Yesterday morning we went to the clubhouse for breakfast. This campground is mainly French Canadian and they served baked beans and creton (a pork and onion pate that goes on toast). Very different.

Then today after Church, the Branch held a turkey pot luck dinner. This was an experience for me because they had collards, sweet potatoe pie, and a cuban rice and bean dish along with the turkey. It was fabulous. And definitely something I would never have experienced in Montana.

You just never know what is going to happen next. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for getting back on the bike and riding! Stay safe! That food sounded to weird to me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jim and Sandie...I like your new picture!
    And all that good southern food sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.